Top 10 reasons I loved this trip
1. Ohio. My first time in the midwest was way cooler than I thought it would be. The quaint little towns, old homes, huge backyards, and woodsy areas totally charmed me.
2. Flying. There is something so thrilling about airports and airplanes. The people watching, the take-off and landing, the way the terrain changes as you fly over each state, the free drink coupons...
3. Vacationing with friends. Getting a rental car, driving in a new place, getting lost, finding coffee shops, admiring the neighborhoods. So fun.
4. A destination wedding. Something about everyone coming together from all different states (and countries), staying in the same hotel, eating breakfast each morning together, staying up until 1 or 2am. It felt like being back in the college dorms.
5. Chelsea & Colby's wedding programs. They were so cute. So unique. Ok, so the whole wedding was this way. And Chels & Colbs were so fun to watch together. So excited that they are married and will only living 20 minutes away!
6. Late night bonding in the hotel room with a bunch of girls who married or are dating other Japan boys. Laughs about their innocence but also their shenanigans, how sexy it is when they speak Japanese, and the bond that those boys will forever share.
7. The indoor pool. I love indoor pools. I love the chlorine and humidity that rushes your face when you open the door. Rian hates indoor pools. Because of the reason I just mentioned.
8. Fireflies on the wedding lawn while running around with sparklers.
9. Watching Rian dance at the wedding. Waching Charlie dance with Rian.
10. Bonding with Charlie. This was the first time (except for his first couple days in the hospital) that we spent significant time with just Charlie. Both Rian and I felt extra bonded with this guy. He was so sweet on the plane rides and we enjoyed snuggling and making him laugh the whole way. He is at such an easy age right now where he slept everywhere we went and we could take him anywhere at anytime in his little carseat.
Wedding rehearsal at Chelsea's parents house.
Rehearsal dinner and some of the best Thai food ever! Phil Nelson and some friends from college...